My elder brother got married on 26 August with a nice lady from Trengganu, Malaysia. Grandad was the 'best man' for the groom or in the case of the Malay tradition, the groom's lead representative. Although he is over 80 years of age, he has the sheer determination and mindset that would put some 30 year olds to shame.
He was not in the best of health, yet he 'hid his pain' to save us from immense anxiety throughout the journey and hectic activities in preparation for the 'big day'. Truth be told, Allah is kind and 'revealed gram's little secret', causing 'shock waves' from Trengganu to Singapore!
Throughout the ordeal of accompanying him back to SG and straight to Changi General Hospital ICU ward then normal ward, I realised the love he has for his kids and the resilience only those pre war era would have. This incident not only brought me closer to grams, it also brought me closer to Allah.
Now grams wants me to stay with him and grandma for good and I am torn between my own immediate family (not to mention my cat) and grams... I have yet to give him my answer. No matter what, there is nothing like being in the comforts of your own home... I miss my cat and my bedroom back in Simei. I missed checking my emails, surfing the net and having a tv set I can call my own.
I have yet to discuss this with mum... Meanwhile, happy birthday mum!
"When things don't seem to be going your way, always know that God has a plan for you. If you place your trust in Him, He will give you great gifts.
We usually will get what we wanted, just not in the way we had imagined as we don't always know what God's plans are for us. We just know that His ways are not our ways, but His ways are always best.
May your days be blessed and may God cradle you in the palm of His hand... "
No comments:
Post a Comment